Followers

Saturday 5 March 2011

06/03 Auckland City centre

This is the first time I have been able to get on a computer since we have got here. We arrived In Auckland after 36 hours of solid travelling stopping off at Changi international airport in Singapore and Sydney international. On the first leg of the flight we decided to drink lots of cheap wine and eat lots of short bread while watching movies (nothing that interesting). Our first change at Singapore was pretty sweet, we flew over the bay at low tide as the sun was setting. I could see hundreds of ships waiting to get in to the harbour and lots of land poking out of the orange water it looked amazing. Once we had landed I realised that I was quite hungover, dehydrated and sleep deprived. We visted the smoking section of terminal 1, not usualy where you want to go after a 14 hour fight but, as Changi international airport is voted the as the best in the world it has a really nice smoking area. If every smoking area was like the one in Changi airport everyone would smoke. It has a beautiful cactus garden with plenty of information on all the plants and a coctail bar with soft chairs. Another 15 hours later we arrived in Sydney by this time I didn't know where I was or what I was I had only been sleeping for short periods on each flight. We then boarded our flight to Auckland which was another 3 hours. 

This is what I looked like at the end. I am pretty sure I had stuff growing out of my face.

Interesting stuff to come soon...

1 comment: